Institute of Ushers
The Institute of Ushers is one of the constituent Colleges of the Fountain Pastoral Leadership Academy. The Institute of Ushers works together with the central leadership of the church to see to the welfare of worshippers during services and other events.
The Institute of Ushers consists of young ladies and men with the purpose of providing a warm and dignified reception for members and visitors. They are the first point of contact for people visiting the Church.
The psalmist, writing for the director of music in the temple, understood the importance of ushers when he said, “How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty! … Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you…. Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked” (Ps.84:1, 4, 10).
The Ushers are responsible for ensuring orderliness and cleanliness within the sanctuary, and as well as maintaining the spiritual and physical sanctity of services, meetings or special events. The Institute has various departments with different responsibilities.
The Expectation of The Ushers
Fountain of Peace Ministries is very concern with Godly spirituality and professionalism, excellence in simplicity and peacefulness in whatsoever we do. Therefore, the Institute of Ushers’ is a center for excellence and discipline – where God is first, the people second and self third. Ushering at FOP is very demanding – it is not a place to boss but to serve. The Ushers can best be described in the following ways:
- Loving: Greet worshippers, making every attempt to help people feel welcome and at ease. They display practical love (1Cor.13)
- Kind: Escort members and guests to their seats. They show kindness. (Titus 3:1-8)
- Joyful: Distribute materials related to the service/meeting such as bulletins, tracts, etc. They radiate with Joy. (1Pt.1:3-9)
- Faithful: Collection offerings and delivering promptly to the Financial College. They work faithfully. (Mt.25:14-20)
- Patience: Maintain alertness for any emergency that may arise, relieving the need or contacting the person(s) needed to provide the proper assistance. (1Pt.2:23)
- Self Controlled: Direct individuals out of the service/meeting in an orderly fashion. (1Cor.9:24-27)
Statement of Purpose
To serve the body of Christ. Our serving is the result of overflow from our personal relationship with Jesus Christ. We seek to please and obey God first, serve our family, and then the body of Christ.
Departments within the Institute are:
Attendance Monitoring Team
Parking Monitoring Team